In this article, we show you how you can completely uninstall the QuickBooks desktop software from your computer for resolving company file errors and issues. This process is also called Clean Install.
In most cases, QuickBooks company file errors can be resolved with a basic reinstall of the software. However, in rare cases, you have to do a clean install. You can either choose to do the process manually or call one of the Intuit certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors of 247supportphonenumber. Get in touch with them via the USA QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1-888-557-6950.
Clean Install Of QuickBooks Can Fix The Following Issues
- Errors or issues while opening your company file
- display and template problems
- QuickBooks unrecoverable errors
- Run time errors
Do not worry about losing any data since a clean install does not involve your company files.
How To Do A Clean Install Of QuickBooks?
Step 1: Ensure That Clean Install Is Right For You
You should always attempt a basic reinstall of QuickBooks before doing a clean install. Most of the QuickBooks errors and problems can be resolved from the basic reinstall itself. If you are not able to fix the problem from the basic reinstall, only then do a clean install.
Step 2: Collect Info And Take A Backup
- First of all, download a new install file for your QB. It ensures that you acquire latest updates for the version of QB which you are using.
- Keep your License number with you as it will be required. You can find the license number on the original packaging. If you bought the software online, check the confirmation email for the License number.
- Create a backup of your company data.
Step 3: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Press the Windows key and type Control Panel in the text field. Press Enter.
- Go to Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Choose QuickBooks desktop from the list of installed programs.
- Click on Uninstall/Change and follow the instructions which appear on your screen.
Note: If you run into any error message while uninstalling your QuickBooks, contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Step 4: Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
The tool will rename all the old files and folders.
- Get the QuickBooks Clean install tool and save it on your desktop.
- Now, open the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
- A prompt will appear on your screen, click on Yes.
- Choose I Accept on the license agreement.
- Now, choose your QuickBooks versions and the product version too.
- Click on Continue and Ok.
- Wait for the process to get complete and then start installing your QuickBooks software again.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support Services
If you are stuck on any step or need assistance, contact us on the QuickBooks Help Phone Number +1-888-557-6950 immediately. We are looking forward to making your QuickBooks experience more pleasant and user-friendly. To learn more about QuickBooks and getting QuickBooks training, use the QuickBooks Chat Support Services.
Do not hesitate in calling us as we offer premium support services for all versions of QuickBooks.