In this post, we will be talking about the infamous QuickBooks Error C=1304. The Error C=1304 pops-up on your screen while you are trying to install QuickBooks on your workstation and that is why it is also called an Installation error. This error can also show up on your screen when you are updating your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Get an instant fix for this error by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112.
You can also follow the steps mentioned in this blog post to resolve this error on your own. All the steps have been tried and tested numerous times by the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getenterprisesupport.
The Error Message On Your Screen Will Be:
“Error writing to file(filename)”
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error C=1304
- The CD that you are using for installing the software is damaged.
- The Microsoft .net component is damaged or missing on your computer.
- The CD Drive on your workstation is not working.
Other Errors That You Can Encounter
- QuickBooks Error C=9
- QuickBooks Error C=21
- QuickBooks Error C=342
How To Fix QuickBooks Error C=1304?
The error is associated with failed installation or updating of QB. A quick fix for this error is to copy the installation folder from your CD and then paste it on your local storage device before installing QB. You can get support services for QuickBooks by simply dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Number.
Solution 1: Use Installation CD
- Insert the official QBs Installation CD into the CD drive of your computer.
- Exit the Installer if it runs automatically.
- Go into Explorer by right-clicking on the Windows Start button.
- Now, create a new folder on your desktop and name it QBInstall.
- Go to the CD Drive and copy the Installation files from it and paste the files in the QBInstall folder on your desktop.
- Now, try again to install QuickBooks but from the QBInstall folder.
- Follow the instructions on your and click on all sorts of positive prompts like “Ok” and “Yes” and wait for the installation process to get over.
- Reopen your QuickBooks and if the error is not fixed then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Advanced Computer User Solution (Manual Restore)
- Restart your computer and log in as the System Administration.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and go to All Program > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time.”
- Now, choose a date to which you want to restore your computer to and then click on next.
- Follow the instruction on your screen and choose appropriate responses.
- Reboot your computer once the restore process is finished.
Solution 3: Scan The Computer With Reimage Repair Tool
The Reimage Repair tool can be used to scan, detect and repair the errors. This is a free tool which can be downloaded from the official website. You can use this tool to get rid of the unwanted content from your QuickBooks.
- Download and install the latest version of Reimage Repair Tool.
- Go to the downloads folder and click on the setup file to start the installation process.
- After the tool has been installed on your system, run the scan.
- A report will be shown which will contain all the errors and bugs.
- Click on the Start Repair button to fix them.
- Restart your computer when the repairing process is completed.
You should be able to fix the QuickBooks Error C=1304 by following the 3 solutions given above. If you need help with any of the steps or want to talk to a QuickBooks ProAdvisor then dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112.
Get connected with the QuickBooks Experts of getenterprisesupport in a matter of seconds and get Support Services for your QuickBooks. You are also free to use the Live Chat Support Services on our website to contact the QuickBooks Tech Support Department.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error C=0 and QuickBooks Error C=51