QuickBooks is the most recommended Accounting and Bookkeeping software in the world. It is because of the various features and the unmatchable QuickBooks products support services. In this blog post, we are going to talk about the infamous QuickBooks Validation Error Code. We recommend that you read the whole blog post to better understand this Validation code error and also learn how to avoid this error in future. If you are looking for instant help or support, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 and talk to the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts.
The error messages associated with the QuickBooks Validation Code error that can appear on your screen are:
“The validation code is incorrect. Please verify the number and enter it again.”
“This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.”
“You have entered incorrect license/product numbers. Please check the numbers carefully.”
Note: Make sure that your QuickBooks software is activated. Keep your License number and product code handy.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Validation Code Error?
To fix the QB Validation Code error, perform these solutions in the order shown:
Solution 1: Verify That The System Date & Time Settings Are Correct
- First of all, close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, head to the windows taskbar and right-click on the Time Display.
- Now, choose Adjust Date/Time.
- Click on the Date and Time option, then change the date to the current date and year.
- Choose Apply, click on Ok button.
- Reopen QuickBooks desktop software and head to Help > Activate QuickBooks > Begin Activation.
- Type in the Validation code.
- Click on Next.
Check if the Validation code error is fixed. If not, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reset The .Ecml File
In some cases, the file which contains this encrypted information is damaged and they would not be able to use their QuickBooks. In such a situation, you must delete the entitlement file and re-enter the license and product number which will help you in fixing the issue.
You can learn more about the process by clicking here: Resolve Installation Errors By Deleting EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
Solution 3: Reactivate MSXML
If you are using your QuickBooks on a 64-bit windows operating system, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Start menu, type cmd in the search space, then right-click and select Run as Administrator.
Note: If you are using the Windows 8 version, press the windows key on the bottom-left corner of your keyboard type cmd, then right-click and select Run as Administrator.
- Type in cd\windows\syswow64 in the C: prompt .
- Now, type in regsvr32 MSXML4.dll, then hit Enter.
- Type in ype regsvr32 MSXML6.dll, then hit Enter.
If you are using your QuickBooks on a 32-bit windows operating system, follow these steps:
- First, open the Run window on your screen by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- Type in cmd, then press Enter.
- Now, type in regsvr32 MSXML4.dll, then press Enter.
- Type in regsvr32 MSXML6.dll, then press Enter.
Solution 4: Run The QBInstall Tool
Are you encountering any issues while installing QuickBooks Desktop? You can download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QBInstall). QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool is designed to automatically identify and fix installation issues with your QuickBooks. We highly recommend that you use the QBInstall before manually fixing the installation issues.
Common Errors That QBInstall Tool Can Fix:
All the mentioned errors can appear on your screen if one of the core Microsoft components that QB Desktop utilizes is not working properly:
- QuickBooks Error 1603
- QuickBooks Error 1935
- Errors associated with damaged Microsoft .NET Framework
- Errors associated with damaged MSXML and C++
- Errors associated with opening QuickBooks Desktop, such as QuickBooks has Stopped Working or Unrecoverable errors
Get in touch with QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 for more information on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
Solution 5: Create A New Windows Admin
- Click on Start, and then choose Settings.
- Click on Accounts, and then choose Family and other users.
- In other Users tab, choose to Add someone else to this PC.
- Now, scroll down to the end of the page and click on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Choose Add a user without a Microsoft account from the bottom of the page.
- Type in the name of the new account.
Note: We recommend that you create a password for the new account to strengthen security.
- Click on Finish. The new User account will be set to Standard User by default.
- Choose the recently created account, click on Account Type.
- In the menu that appears on your screen, select Administrator, click on OK button.
- Once you have created the new user, sign out of Windows.
- Now, sign back in with the User credentials of the new user.
- Open your QB Desktop and attempt to register by selecting Help > Activate QuickBooks > Begin Activation.
If this fixes the validation error in your QuickBooks, choose whether to keep the new administrative user, or get rid of it and continue utilizing the current one.
Solution 6: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Read how to completely uninstall your QB Desktop software in windows operating system for resolving the company file errors. In some cases, a basic reinstall can fix the errors that are appearing. If that doesn’t work, you can do a clean install of QuickBooks on your system. You can fix issues like company file not opening, template issues and display problems by doing a clean install of your QuickBooks. Rest assured, your data will stay intact as the company file is not involved in the clean install process.
Clean Install process:
- Ensure a clean install is the right option for you.
- Collect info and back up your data.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- Use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 7: Close All Versions Of QuickBooks
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Task Manager on your screen.
- Click on the Processes tab.
- Click on the Image Name tab to sort the processes alphabetically.
- End any of these processes that appear in the list:
- Any remaining process that starts with QB
- Now, exit the Task Manager.
- Install QuickBooks again on your computer.
Support Services For QuickBooks Product Number Is Correct
The Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts of getenterprisesupport recommend the following steps for fixing the QuickBooks Validation Error Code. In the case, you were unable to resolve the QB Validation error or if you are stuck on any of the 7 solutions, get in touch with us by calling on the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1-888-382-9112. Our QuickBooks Support line numbers are active 24×7 just like our Chat Support Services.